Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Department works directly
with the Planning and Development Committee.
The goal of the Planning and Development Department is
to assist the Tribe with their long term goals. One of the
main goals of the Department will be to finish the Tribal
General Plan. Once the land use element, the IRMP, is complete,
the rest of the plan will follow.
The Planning and Development Department is comprised
of: The Planning and Development Manager, the Planning
and Development Assistant, Natural Resource Coordinator,
Environmental Specialist (EPA), Environmental Health and
Safety Technician, Water Technician, Fire Department Chief,
5(five fire crew members).
WHAT DOES PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Planning and Development Department Components
- The Planning and Development Manager and
Administrative Assistant oversee the Department and are
responsible for assisting the Tribe in planning for the
future of Tribal Lands.
- The Tribal Fire Department staff assist and protect
the Tribe and Tribal Lands.
- The EPA program helps ensure that the Tribe is compliant
with EPA standards.
- The Natural Resource Coordinator acts as the Tribal
Environmental specialist. Environmental codes, ordinances
and grants are developed through this position.
Some of the current projects being worked on in the Department
- Development of the Integrated Resource Management Plan
- Updating Forest Management Plan
- Updating Solid Waste Management Plan
- Providing G. I. S. maps to Tribal Members
- Working on over 100 acres of fuel reduction projects,
including 100 foot clearance around all homes and structures
on the Rancheria
- Curbside garbage pickup, every Monday and Thursday
- Cleaning up garbage at Murphy Ranch
- Fencing 40 acres of Murphy Ranch for cattle
- Pumping septic tanks
- Starting a recycling program using the new recycling
- Running the Tribal cell phone program
- Developing a Tribal Natural Resource Department
- Repair damaged septic tanks
- Planning the new Tribal cemetery
- Provide dumpsters to resident for cleanup of the yards
- Attend county transportation meetings
- Researching updating of land use ordinance and land
- Grant writing and research
- Updating chemical response plan and providing training
for first responders
- Planning upgrade of Tribal playground, re-grading and
- Planning alternative energy (wind, solar, hydro electric)